October Favourites

I've never done a monthly favourites post before, but they're always my favourite posts and videos to watch on YouTube so I thought I'd give it a go this month. Especially as October is probably one of my favourite months of the year - I love autumn, the cooler days, crunchy leaves and golden colours.

I have several favourites this month, some new and some old that I keep going back to every Autumn.





I like to use a rich body butter all year round to keep any signs of dry skin at bay, but even more so in the colder months. For me there's nothing worse than the feeling of dry skin, especially as I find that my skin will just feel tight and horrible if I leave it unmoisturised. I've been reaching for the Boots Extracts rich cocoa butter body butter for the past few weeks and I love it. It's a beautifully thick consistency that leaves my skin feeling soft and nourished and smelling delicious. I love that despite having and thick and rich consistency it doesn't sit on the skin, it really 'soaks' in and doesn't leave that horrible greasy feeling. Plus who doesn't want to smell of cocoa butter?!

As well as keeping my body nice and moisturised, I like to add some extra hydration into my face as well during the colder months. I've been loving the Superdrug Vitamin E skincare range at the moment, and the moisturising day cream is the perfect cream for daily use. It's thick and nourishing, yet somehow light enough for everyday and under make up. Since using this I've noticed such a huge difference in my skin, it looks so much nicer than it has done for ages, so at only a couple of pounds for the pot I'll forever repurchase this.

Next up is my favourite Autumnal nail colour, which for me has got to be Essie's Chinchilly. It's the perfect dark grey colour to go all through the Autumn and winter and I think looks really sophisticated on the nails. It's not like a colour that needs to be co-ordinated with outfits or anything, but it's a little more something something that just a simple nude. Essie polishes are some of my favourites; the brush is just the perfect size to do paint each nail quickly but still look neat, the colour is always last a fairly long time and looks so beautifully glossy.

Another make up favourite of mine this month has been the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Creamy Beige. It's the perfect matte neutral base colour for nearly every eye look I do. The texture is so creamy and it blends into the eyelid really easily, yet it literally lasts forever on the eye. I was seriously late to the party on buying this one, but I'm so pleased that I did. Whether I just use it for a wash of colour, or as a base for a neutral more smoked out look, it looks beautiful. I really want to try out some of the other shades, so if you have any recommendations, please leave them in the comments!

My final beauty favourite is the Rimmel London Kate Moss collection lipstick in 08. It's still quite a nude tone, which at any time of year I find difficult to avoid in all honesty, however it's a slightly darker nude than I'd normally go for, but I find it works perfectly for this time of year. Unlike a berry toned lip that I find a little harder to pull off on a daily basis, this tone of nude works really well for everyday but looks a little different to the regular nudes I tend to always reach for. As always, I love the Kate Moss lipsticks, they're so creamy and comfortable to wear on the lips but last for quite a while before a fresh application is needed. I think they're probably my favourite drugstore lipsticks.

My absolutely final favourite this month has got to be my beautiful camera, which you can read all about here.

What have you been loving through the month of October?


Em x

No comments